Linux 3.x x86
Mac 10.x x86
OpenBSD 4.x x86
This is Version 1.27. Key changes in this release include:
- Enhance the fossil changes,
fossil clean, fossil extras,
fossil ls and fossil status commands
to restrict operation to files and directories named on the command-line.
- New --integrate option to fossil merge, which
automatically closes the merged branch when committing.
- Renamed /stats_report page to /reports. Graph width is now
relative, not absolute.
- Added yw=YYYY-WW (year-week) filter to timeline to limit the results
to a specific year and calendar week number, e.g. /timeline?yw=2013-01.
- Updates to SQLite to prevent opening a repository file using file descriptors
1 or 2 on unix. This fixes a bug under which an assertion failure could
overwrite part of a repository database file, corrupting it.
- Added support for unlimited line lengths in side-by-side diffs.
- New --close option to fossil commit, which
immediately closes the branch being committed.
- Added chart option to fossil bisect.
- Improvements to the "human or bot?" determination.
- Reports errors about missing CGI-standard environment variables for HTTP
servers which do not support them.
- Minor improvements to sync support on Windows.
- Added --scgi option to fossil server.
- Internal improvements to the sync process.
- The internals of the JSON API are now MIT-licensed, so downstream
users/packagers are no longer affected by the "do no evil" license
Linux 3.x x86
Mac 10.x x86
OpenBSD 4.x x86
This is Version 1.26. Key changes in this release include:
- The argument to the --port option for the "fossil ui" and
"fossil server" commands can take an IP address in addition
to the port number, causing Fossil to bind to just that one IP address.
- After prompting for a password, also ask if that password should be
- Performance improvements to the diff engine.
- Fix the side-by-side diff engine to work better with multi-byte
- Color-coding in the web-based annotation (blame) display. Fix the annotation
engine so that it is no longer confused by time-warps.
- The markdown formatter is now available by default and can be used for
tickets, wiki, and embedded documentation.
- Add subcommands "fossil bisect log" and "fossil bisect status" to the
"fossil bisect" command, as well as other bisect enhancements.
- Enhanced defenses that prevent spiders from using excessive CPU and
- Consistent use of the -n or --dry-run command line options.
- Win32: Fossil now understands Cygwin paths containing one or more of
the characters "*:<>?|. Those are normally forbidden in
win32. This means that the win32 fossil.exe is better usable in a Cygwin
- Cygwin: Fossil now understands win32 absolute paths starting with a drive
letter everywhere. The default value of the "case-sensitive" setting is
now FALSE, except when case-sensitivity is enabled in the Windows kernel.
- Enhancements to /timeline.rss, adding more flags for filtering
results, including the ability to subscribe to changes made
to individual tickets.
- Improved handling of the differences between case-sensitive and
- JSON API: added the 'status' command to report local checkout status.
- Fixes to the --args support and documented this feature in the help.
- Added /stats_report page.
- Added ym=YYYY-MM filter to the "/timeline" url.
- Fixed: config reset now re-installs default ticket report format.
- ssh:// and file:// protocols now ignore proxy settings.
- Added /hash-color-test web page.
- Cherry-pick merges are recorded internally (though no yet displayed on the
- Bring in the latest versions of SQLite, zlib, and autosetup from upstream.
Linux 3.x x86
Mac 10.x x86
OpenBSD 4.x x86
This is Version 1.25. Key changes in this release include:
- Enhancements to ticket processing. There are now two tables: TICKET and
TICKETCHNG. There is one row in TICKETCHNG for each ticket artifact.
Fields from ticket artifacts go into either or both of TICKET and
TICKETCHNG, whichever contain matching column names. Default ticket
edit and viewing scripts are updated to use TICKETCHNG. The TH1
scripting language is enhanced to support this, including the new
"query" command for doing SQL queries against the repository database.
All changes should be backwards compatible.
- Add the ability to moderate ticket and wiki changes. Unmoderated changes
do not sync and may be deleted by the moderator if found to contain spam
or other objectionable content.
that node. Then clicking on a second node shows a diff between the
two nodes. Clicking on the selected node unselects it.
- Warn of unresolved merge conflicts in "fossil status" and disallow
commits of unresolved conflicts unless the --allow-conflict option
sorts by the indicated column.
- Add the "fossil cat" command which is basically an alias for
"fossil finfo -p".
- Hyperlinks with the class "button" are rendered as submenu buttons
on embedded documentation.
- The check-in comment editor on windows now defaults to NotePad.exe.
- Correctly deal with BOMs in check-in comments. Also attempt to convert
check-in comments to UTF8 from other encodings.
- Allow the deletion of multiple stash entries using multiple arguments
to the "fossil stash rm" command.
- Enhance the "fossil server DIRECTORY" command to serve static content
files contained in DIRECTORY. For security, only files with a
recognized suffix (such as *.html, *.jpg, *.txt, etc) will be delivered
as static content, and *.fossil files are not on the list of recognized
suffixes. There are additional restrictions on the names of the files.
- Allow the "fossil ui" command to specify a directory as long as the
the --notfound option is used.
- Add a configuration option that causes timeline messages to be rendered
as text/x-fossil-plain (which is the same as text/plain except that
hyperlinks inside of [...] are decorated.)
- Only decorate [...] in check-in comments and tickets
if the contented text really is a valid hyperlink target.
- Improvements to the side-by-side diff algorithm, for a more
human-friendly display in some complex cases.
- Added [utime] and [stime] commands to TH1. These
commands can be used for things such as displaying the page rendering
time in the footer.
- Add the ability to pass command-line options of "fossil rebuild" to
"fossil all rebuild".
- Add the --deanalyze option to "fossil rebuild" (and "fossil all rebuild")
- Do not run the graphical merging tool nor leave merge-droppings after a
dry-run merge. Display an improved merge-summary message at the end of
- Add options to "fossil commit" to override the various sanity checks.
Options added: --allow-empty, --allow-fork, --allow-older, and
- Optionally require a CAPTCHA (controlled by a setting on the
Admin/Access webpage) when a user who is not logged in tries to
edit wiki, or a ticket, or an attachment.
- Improvements to the "ssh://" sync protocol, to help it move past
noisey motd comments.
- Add the uf=FILE-SHA1-HASH query parameter to the timeline, causing the
timeline to show only check-ins that contain the specific file identified
by FILE-SHA1-HASH. ("uf" stands for "uses file".)
- Enhance the file change annotator so that it follows the file across
- Fix the server-side of the sync protocol so that it will not generate
a delta loop when a file changes from its original state, through two
or more intermediate states, and back to the original state, all within
a single sync.
- Show much less output during a sync operation, unless the --verbose
option is used.
as an addition defense against spam-bots.
- Disallow invalid UTF8 characters (such as characters in the surrogate
pair range) in filenames.
- Judge the UserAgent strings issued by the NetSurf webbrowser to be
coming from a human, not from a bot.
- Add the zlib sources to the Fossil source tree (under compat/zlib) and
use those sources when compiling on (windows) systems that do not have
a zlib library installed by default.
- Prompt the user with the option to convert non-UTF8 files into UTF8
- Allow the characters *? in filenames.
- Allow the --context option on diff commands to have a value of 0.
- Added the "dbstat" command.
- Enhanced "fossil merge" so that if the VERSION argument is omitted, Fossil
tries to merge any forks of the current branch.
- Improved detection of forks in a commit race.
- Added the --analyze option to "fossil rebuild".