Release Notes 2010-11-01
This note describes changes in the Fossil snapshot for 2010-11-01 14:23:35 version [d0753799e447b795933e9f2662].
- You must run fossil all rebuild after updating to this version of Fossil from the prior release.
- Projects that make use of the automatically generated "manifest" and "manifest.uuid" information files must run fossil setting manifest on, otherwise those files will no longer be automatically generated. The Fossil and SQLite projects both use the manifest and manifest.uuid information files and thus must run fossil setting manifest on to avoid a build failure.
- Doing a commit with the --delta flag will cause new features to be used - features which older versions of Fossil do not understand. Using the new features will make the repository inaccessible to older versions of Fossil.
- Speed improvements to the "clone" and "rebuild" commands.
- Added the B-card to the manifest control artifact. This enhancement can dramatically reduce the size and rebuild time for repositories with a large number of files. ("Large number" in this context means tens of thousands.) Note that older versions of Fossil will not understand repositories that contain manifest artifacts that use the new B-card. For compatibility, Fossil will not generate a B-card on a manifest unless some other manifest already contains a B-card or unless the --delta option is used on the commit.
- The "manifest" and "manifest.uuid" files are no longer generated automatically on check-outs, unless you first run "fossil set manifest on". The SQLite and Fossil repositories both require this and so SQLite and Fossil will not build after updating unless you first run "fossil set manifest on".
- The new "fossil sqlite3" command provides an SQLite command-line shell for the repository. Use with caution - intemperate changes to the repository can cause it to go corrupt.
- The output of a version diff includes the full text of deleted or added files if the -N or --new-file options are used.