Paragraphs are divided by blank lines.
# Top-level Heading Alternative Top Level Heading ============================= ## Second-level Heading Alternative 2nd Level Heading -----------------------------
- [display text](URL)
- [display text](URL "Title")
- [display text][label]
With link format 4 ("reference links") the label must be resolved by including a line of the form [label]: URL or [label]: URL "Title" somewhere else in the document.
Note that the `...` construct disables HTML markup, so one can write, for example, `
<html>` to yield
* bullet item + bullet item - bullet item 1. numbered item
Begin each line of a paragraph with ">" to block quote that paragraph.
> This paragraph is indented > > Double-indented paragraph
- In-line images using ![alt-text](image-URL)
- Use HTML for complex formatting issues.
- Escape special characters (ex: "[", "(", "*") using backslash (ex: "\[", "\(", "\*").
- See daringfireball.net for additional information.
Special Features For Fossil
- In hyperlinks, if the URL begins with "/" then the root of the Fossil repository is prepended. This allows for repository-relative hyperlinks.
- For documents that begin with top-level heading (ex: "# heading #"), the heading is omitted from the body of the document and becomes the document title displayed at the top of the Fossil page.