|Title:||Message "killed" opening large repository|
|Last Modified:||2010-01-20 16:56:19|
|Version Found In:||c16017374e4318ade54ee0c1e269a0bc2ddde355|
Took a large SVN repp (6.8G in over 70K files). Created new fossil repo, and added and committed the data. That went well, creating a 1.4G fossil repo.
Created a new directory, and "fossil open"ed the new repo. Went ok for a while, then got a "killed" message and only some of the files were actually checked out (46,401 files).
The "fossil rstat" reports:
Number of Artifacts: 12536 12536 full text + 0 delta blobs 112758 bytes average, 1413538178 bytes total Number Of Checkins: 1 Number Of Files: 55323 Number Of Wiki Pages: 0 Number Of Tickets: 0 Duration Of Project: 1 days
anonymous added on 2010-01-14 13:16:05:
drh added on 2010-01-14 14:15:38:
anonymous added on 2010-01-14 17:45:20:
Then I created another directory, and did "fossil open ../t" there. The result is the same: a "Killed" message.
However, something interesting: I ran "top" in another window, and saw the memory usage of fossil go upwards of 1.5G before it was finally killed.
So I think the problem is there is a (bad) memory leak in the "open" scenario (and perhaps generally). For I cannot see any reason for the memory usage to ramp up so high.
I also did "find . -type f | wc" in that dir, the result is 52,218. The fossil rstats reported 51,192 files ... I'm not sure what the discrepancy would be besides the _FOSSIL_ and two manifest files.
anonymous added on 2010-01-14 20:02:09:
valgrind --log-file=../fossil.log --leak-check=full --show-reachable=yes --track-origins=yes ../fossil/fossil open ~/fossil/torah
This is a quite small project, so the valgrind command was able to finish quickly.
The logfile is here: http://ronware.org/fossil-log.zip -- it really needs someone who understands the code to determine whether or not particular problems are real problems.
I hope this helps ...
ron added on 2010-01-19 06:39:49:
drh added on 2010-01-20 15:51:30:
ron added on 2010-01-20 16:56:19: