Things to work on:
Add a diff option similar to --tk that shows the graphical diff in a web-browser instead of a Tk window.
Improvements to the "grep" command:
- Search filenames given on the command-line or all managed files if no filesnames are supplied
- Search the check-in named on the command-line or the current check-out if no check-in is named
- --from VERSION and --to VERSION options to search a range of check-ins
- --timeline, --tickets, or --wiki PATTERN to search things other than check-ins
- --before DATE and --after DATE to limit the timespan of a search.
- Always output filename and line number
- Only show matches not found in adjacent check-ins, unless --all is used.
- --earliest shows only the first match and --latest shows only the most recent match when grepping a range of check-ins.
- -l just lists matching files
- --diff-only only search the difference between check-ins
Change the PHANTOM table into a view on BLOB using a partial index where BLOB.SIZE<0.
Prohibit database writes if any query parameters have been decoded but the request is not from the same origin.
Implement a "
fossil backup" command using VACUUM INTO.
- Destination can be a file or a directory
- Destination can be an SCP target
fossil all backup E:/" when a thumb-drive is mounted on E:
Multiple remote repositories. Running "
fossil push" pushes to them all, as does autosync.
Sync relay → On a server, when another repository pushes to the server (or edits a wiki page on the server) the server automatically schedules a push to peer repos.
Backoffice daemon → Instead of backoffice running in response to a web request, have a separate process that monitors multiple repositories and runs backoffice after "mtime" changes on the repository file, or periodically (every hour? every day?) in the absence of "mtime" changes.
Update preview using XMLHttpRequest instead of reloading the entire page.
Allow help text to be in markup, either Fossil-Wiki or Markdown.
Search on help-text and/or on unversioned files
Documentation on sync-via-sneaker-net.
Macros or other mechanisms for embedding a last-update timestamp in the middle of text for wiki pages and/or embedded documentation.
Add a command-line variant of the /secaudit0 page and make that command accessible using "fossil all".