Many hyperlinks are disabled.
Use anonymous login to enable hyperlinks.
Note: At this point this is only an outline, not the real thing. We need to establish what goes into a decent Fossil tutorial before we start writing details. Initially we may want to append the tutorial pieces so they're clearly labelled and up for discussion. Once the pieces are in something resembling stable condition, the whole page can be edited and the final form moved up into the tutorial proper.
- What is Fossil? (ref)
- What distinguishes it from other SCM systems?
- How do I get it? (ref, ref, ref)
- How do I build it myself? (ref)
- What are the common use patterns? (ref)
- Coming to Fossil from CVS.
- Coming to Fossil from Subversion.
- Coming to Fossil from bzr.
- Coming to Fossil from Darcs.
- Coming to Fossil from Mercurial.
- Coming to Fossil from git.
- Coming to Fossil from ... (what else?).
On 2008-05-25 06:41:52 UTC michael added:
Coming to Fossil from darcsIf you're coming to Fossil from darcs, most of Fossil's concepts will not be new to you. A brief comparison of the two systems will help get you oriented.
|Create a new repository.||
|Clone an existing repository.||
|Collect changes from a remote repository.||
|Send changes to remote repository.||
2 An alternative to using
darcs get in the destination repository is to use
darcs put in the source repository.